Social media networks are incredible resources for businesses looking to promote their brands online. One of the greatest innovations of technology is social media, not just in our ability to communicate but in our ability to market directly to those we want to reach.
As a business owner, you can’t afford to be on every social site, but you can’t afford to ignore them either. It is important to choose the best social media platform that work for you marketing strategy & business goal.
We profiled the most popular social media platforms to help you market your business better.
Facebook is the biggest social network on the web, both in terms of total number of users. With nearly 1.86 billion monthly active users(MAU) and 1.15 billion mobile daily active users (Mobile DAU), Facebook is a great medium for connecting people from all over the world with your business. And from an advertising perspective, it’s the easiest to manage and allows for the best possible targeting. Facebook is the only social media marketing platform that you need to be on no matter what field your business is in.
You can use Facebook to share and promote your wall post, videos, important company updates and more. More than 16 Million local business pages have been created so far.
Facebook Live Videos allow users to share live streaming video via their smartphones/mobile devices. The feature is available to all Facebook Users with a Profile or Page. Not only are more people interested in viewing a Facebook Live Video, Facebook has implemented an algorithm that ranks these videos higher in the News Feed, so they are more likely to be seen organically.
Here are few benefits of using Facebook Live-
• As the video is shooting, you see how many people are watching the video, as well as their names and comments.
• As soon as it’s over, the video is automatically saved to your timeline.
• From there you can share it, tweet it, embed it in blog posts, or delete it.
With Facebook live, you can stream live from an event or from your home but the challenge is sustaining an audience because who you reach is dependent on who is available in that moment.
With Twitter, you can share short text updates (of 140 characters or fewer), along with videos, images, links, polls and more. You can also easily interact with other users by mentioning their usernames in your posts, so Twitter is a great way to quickly connect with people all around the world. (The platform averages about 320 million active users worldwide) Because of its wide reach, Twitter is not only a great way to market your business, but also an effective channel for handling customer service.
With hundreds of millions of users and over 500 million Tweets being sent each day, Twitter offers a great opportunity for businesses to reach a global audience of new and existing customers.
No matter what type of business you are — from a large retailer to a freelance designer; from a B2B software provider to a mobile app company — you can use Twitter to build meaningful connections with a relevant and engaged audience. These connections can lead to actions across a network of loyal customers for your business.
The majority of users who follow a brand on Twitter do so to take advantage of offers, Contests and exclusive discounts. Keep this in mind when pushing your products. Instead, try pushing the deals you’re offering. Trending well on Twitter will also render a wide range of benefits, such as boosting your reputation and becoming a credible and reliable source of information.
With 600 million users on the app and 65% of those users checking the app every single day. Instagram users have shared over 40 billion photos to date and share an average of 95 million photos and videos per day. it's no doubt that Instagram has great reach. Not to mention, without any clickable links associated with each individual post, getting customers to your site from the app is a challenge.
Instagram may best be used as a brand building tool if you have a decent following and post beautiful images or videos, but if you plan to use it as a marketing tool, you will need to devise a strategic plan to capitalize on the half a billion users.
Setting up your Instagram for Business Account-
1) Complete your profile and connect your account with Facebook account. Connect these two very powerful social media sites to boost your marketing efforts.
2) Create a Brand specific strategy- Instagram is a photo and video sharing site. Connect your business with your ‘tribe’ on Instagram in a consistent and particular visual way.
3) Always use Brand Specific Hashtags and Trending Hashtags- Use unique tags for particular marketing campaigns you run. Your consumers are using your tags to connect with you. Be sure to keep checking your Instagram hashtags’s, just like you would your Facebook Page and Twitter mentions. Respond to comments and concerns quickly, and you’ll build happy customer relationships.
4) Be creative with your photos - Use filters to enhance your photos. Use cool angles, lighting and other photography. Post cool photos of your goods to share with Instagram users.
5) Run Instagram Hashtag Contest- Hashtag contests are the newest and most fun way to gain user-generated content and engage your followers.
If you are working in a B2B field, this is the social media network for you to focus on. As of September 2016, LinkedIn has more than 467 million accounts, out of which more than 106 million are active. Connecting with business professionals in any industry is easiest with LinkedIn as it allows you to target them by industry, job title, etc. One of the best features for businesses are LinkedIn Groups. Businesses should establish Groups in your target niche or industry and invite others in your target market to join.
LinkedIn is a huge opportunity for Lead Generation for B2B companies. Business messages are well-received in LinkedIn’s professionally focused environment. LinkedIn allows marketers to target ads to users by important B2B demographics such as job title or industry or even focusing on members of particular LinkedIn groups.
LinkedIn has a variety of advertising options to suit every budget. Marketers can control the cost of their advertising campaign by bidding and setting a budget, electing to either pay-per-click (CPC) or pay-per-1,000 impressions (CPM).
LinkedIn ads appear in two places on the site. First, your ad will appear along the sidebar with a photo and text. Depending on your ad’s performance, a text-only version will appear at the top of LinkedIn. LinkedIn ads include a photo, 25-character headline and 75-character description. You can choose to pay LinkedIn via CPC (cost per click) or CPM (cost per 1,000 impressions).
You can measure the performance of your ads by measuring CTR. According to LinkedIn, good ads have a CTR greater than 0.025%. Monitor the CTR frequently, and if you notice a drop, refresh the ads with new copy or images. Narrowing your target audience so your ad is more relevant (and there is less competition) could also be helpful for driving a higher CTR. If you’re hoping to send ad viewers to a contact form on your site, don’t only work on the LinkedIn ad, also take your landing pages into consideration. If you have a strong CTR, but the conversion from visit-to-lead seems low, your landing page may not be as effective as it could be.
LinkedIn advertising can be expensive but using LinkedIn is highly cost-effective and lets you be more specific in targeting your ideal customers.
YouTube is video-sharing platform with over a billion users, where people can view, upload, rate, share, and comment on content. Users are automatically assigned a channel, in which other users can subscribe to be notified whenever a new video is uploaded. Many businesses on YouTube have a creative, visual or educational component. The platform is heavily driven by creativity in nature, so it's important to have a tailored video editor producing content. More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month and over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube—that's almost an hour for every person on Earth, and 50% more than last year.
To advertise on Youtube
1) Create a Google Adwords Account.
2) Link your Adwords account with Youtube- Make sure that your AdWords and YouTube accounts are linked together. You can complete this step from the navigation menu by clicking “Linked YouTube accounts”.
3) Upload Video- Select the video that you want to showcase and upload it to your account from YouTube.
4) Targeting - You can choose countries, regions, cities, ZIP codes, IP addresses, etc, going as broad or as specific as you would like. The more specific, the better qualified your viewers will be. If you’re just trying to build brand awareness, then going a little broader might be helpful. Getting more in depth with “device targeting”, you can choose specific devices you want to target, whether it be mobile, desktop, laptop, tablets, etc. Get on the devices that you would be using to search for your product.
5) Budget Settings- When choosing the general settings for your ad, set your desired budget per day. It’s better to start small and scale up as you get more familiar with the account and what good objectives are. The typical spend is around $.01 – $0.23. You won’t pay Google unless the viewer watches your ads all the way through. There is also more customization that can be allotted for bidding for the advanced advertisers.
6) Advance Settings - you can choose what days/time of the day you want your ads to show (if there is a specific time you want to showcase your ads because a prospect is more likely to be compelled by your product), and the start and end date for your new ads.
7) Choosing Right Keywords- When looking for specific keywords to target that your potential consumers will be searching for on YouTube, use the Google Keyword Tool to find relevant terms and get as specific as possible. These terms come from Google’s search engine, not from YouTube, but they will still be useful in weeding out some of the keywords that could cause your ad to be viewed by the wrong person. The longer the keyword, the more specific it is, and the more pertinent it will be to your business in capturing the right viewers.
Snapchat worldwide is a craze of millennials, so it is in India. Especially few brands have experienced their hands on Snapchat. Brands in India, do not in fact desire to shift from Facebook, Twitter and at the present Instagram and LinkedIn – sooner or later impressions.
Over 150 million people use Snapchat every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers.
Every day, Snap-chatters watch over 10 billion videos, and spend an average of 25-30 minutes on Snapchat. In short, Snapchat is about great storytelling — our stories, and yours. There are above 12 million Indian Snapchat users also a maximum of them consisting of generation group of 18 to 30, which implies examined the difficult part to learn for any marketer.
You can target Snap-chatters by age, gender, geographical location, mobile device, operating system (Android or iOS), mobile carrier, interests, Snapchat's first-party audiences, lookalikes, and purchase intent with Datalogix segments.
If you hope to increase a bit new grip from your Snapchat account, in that case, there are quite a lot of great paid advertising options on Snapchat with the aim of are very platform-specific.
1) Share behind the scenes- What’s going on in the place of work, for the period of the holidays or after hours? Snapchat users feel affection for getting elite insights into the brands they follow – so offer that to them!
2) Offers Coupon and Discount- Snapchat is the ruler of flash sales. Get lead of the ability to make a post that fades away within 24 hours to unique offers, coupons, in adding up to discounts to make followers onto your website or into your store. If followers turn into comfortable to getting regular deals throughout your Snapchat account, they will surely check in on a regular basis – making it easy to share added insights concerning your brand and products and put up client commitment and trustworthiness.
3) Tell Stories- Snapchat Stories consist of quick videos that remain evident for 24 hours on a public newsfeed. Hence, each story has the capacity to go viral as supporters will be excited to give anything they believe implies enjoyment or fun. As a business, you can get the utmost of this trait by producing short video dramas or information of the interesting content to entertain your fans. This isn’t a spot to overtly advertise, simply a humorous video about your product simply sway go viral.
4) Sending Discounts and Promotions- This is one of the trendy traditions a lot of Indian brands influence. For companies that include an e-Commerce or store occurrence, this can be capable of a big way to take advantage of on the fleeting nature of Snapchat, despite the fact that also appealing to users on the new display place. Because Snapchat doesn’t permit you to send snaps to users who haven’t added you back, you are already dealing with an extra engage user base. This can be capable of assist you return devotion points as well as help you make up your viewer’s base on the social app.
Snapchat Paid Advertising Methods
1) Snapchat Ads- Snap Ads offer the magic of sight, sound, and motion — in a format truly made for mobile. Snap Ads begin with an up to 10-second vertical video, and then offer the option to add an interactive element one swipe away. Two thirds of Snap Ads play with the sound on, and all Snap Ads are full screen, helping them command up to two times more attention than video ads on comparable platforms.
2) Snapchat Sponsored Lenses- Snapchat offers you amusing filters, identified as lenses that you are able to add to your videos and imagery – from pup ears to funny specs, to blizzards. Whether you would like to be an emperor or a racecar driver, Snapchat has lenses that can lend a hand to your ideas come true!
The regular user interacts in the midst of a brand’s lens for 20 seconds – and frequently shares images and videos using the lens. This makes lenses a very noticeable and interactive promotion tactic.
3) Snapchat Geofilters- Snapchat’s Geofilters allow Snapchat users to add specific location filters and frames to their post – providing that they’re in that exacting area. This offers an unusual method to “stamp” a picture with evidence that you were really at the confirmed location. Businesses can support Geofilters, allowing users to put in their frame or filters to pictures that they take while at or near the business. Geofilters can cost anywhere from 200 Rupee to hundreds of thousands for national campaigns. However, an on its own day nationwide campaign can reach 40-60% of Snapchat users – creation it another highly impactful marketing chance!
Quora is a question-and-answer website where questions are asked, answered, edited and organized by its community of users. Quora is more oriented on information, Facebook and Twitter are more on relationships and everyday life or sharing quick links, Linkedin on professional matters... each of them has its purpose, and they are all complementary. Some people use Quora more, others Facebook, or else: it is a matter of preference. Quora had more than 100 million monthly active users worldwide.
Why Quora as a part of marketing strategy?
The Quora community is vast and made up of dedicated users who trust it as a source of reliable information, which presents brands with a unique opportunity to truly engage with their audiences. Providing answers to users’ questions and starting conversations on topics related to your industry allows your brand to build its reputation as an authority, and demonstrate your expertise.
• Quora does the work of a marketing survey, without the survey. It’s an excellent way to learn specific details about your core audience solely by paying attention to what people are asking about. If they’re expressing a problem, how can your brand be the solution to it? By focusing on what your audience vocalizes, you can create content that adequately addresses their wants and needs.
• Quora post appear in search engine results- Search engines crawl Quora data just like any other content in order to bring up the most relevant results for any given search query.
• Determine direction of future content- Quora is a great way to find out what issues are puzzling your current and potential user base. Use this information to determine the direction of future content.
• You’ll also be able to address any concerns your users might be posting about your brand, product, or service. If a customer is experiencing a specific issue, take the time to step into the conversation and offer a solution. Any anytime you come across a positive mention of your brand, you can voice your gratitude and strengthen relationships with existing customers.
Mr. Vivek Tomar is an expert in Performance Marketing, Digital Strategy, E-Commerce and Fintech. He is an Engineer with 6+ years of experience across Internet, Mobile, Technology & Fintech. His work involves Digital Marketing, Growth Hacking, Performance Marketing, Product Management, Customer Analytics, & Social Media Marketing.
Grow your career. Earn 40% more than your peers! Take up the Digital Marketing Certification Course and accelerate your career.