Digital Marketing Course >> Course Outline & Structure
The Digital Marketing Course is spread over 24 weeks with each topics being discussed and covered weekly.
Search Engine Optimization Professional Certification
Google Analytics Power Program
Digital Marketing Professional Certification
- Search Engine Optimization – Introduction & Overview: This sections is divided in to three parts. First part covers the Introduction to Search Engine Optimization , Important definitions, and Search Engine Optimization History.
- Search Engine Optimization Basics: This sections is divided in to 3 subsections (SEO Basics - I, SEO Basics - II , and SEO Basics - III ). It covers basics of search engine optimization and will help you understand how you can implement search engine optimization for your website.
- Advanced Search Engine Optimization: This section is divided in to 2 subsections (Advanced SEO – I, Advanced SEO – II), each of which explains finer aspects of search engine optimization.
- How does Google search work: This section will help you understand the functioning of Google Search – World’s largest search engine.
- How to create an SEO Strategy: This section outlines creating an effective SEO strategy. It outlines essentials of a successful search engine optimization strategy.
- Search queries and webmaster tools: This section is comprised of 2 subsections. First section explains Using search queries to improve your site. The second section will give you a better understanding of using webmaster tools.
- Search Engine Optimization for small sites and startups: This section will help clear a few myths about search engine optimization. It covers how can small sites become popular. It will also explore search engine optimization for startups.
- Search Engine Optimization Mistakes and Best practices: This section covers Common mistakes (and best practices) while optimizing your website for search. It has a short tutorial on search engine optimization mistakes and a few best practices recommended by Google
- Search Engine Optimization - Quiz & Certification
Google Analytics Power Program
- Introduction to Google Analytics: A brief introduction about Google Analytics. This session gives a brief introduction to Google Analytics, and why it is important. Google Analytics is a very important tool for marketing professionals to get more data and insights about the users visiting a particular website. This has important implications for website and App designers, and digital marketing professionals.
- Overview of the Google Analytics Dashboard: This section covers a brief overview of the Google Analytics dashboard. It gives a demo of the Google analytics overview tab, and explains important metrics displayed by Google Analytics.
- Audience Insights: Google Analytics provides the audience insights feature that allows you to understand how many users visited your website in a certain time period and more about these users. It helps you understand key metrics like average time spent on the website, bounce rates, number of sessions, average duration of session, demographics of your users (Gender, Age), and other important information such as their interests, their geographic location, and their devices.
- Audience Insights - Understanding Geography: This topic gives you a demo of how to understand the geographic locations of your website visitors through Google Analytics. The Geo feature within Google Analytics helps you better understand the users from all geographies and gives you a deeper understanding of their behavior. It will enable you to understand the differences and similarities between visitors from 2 geographies. For instance if you want to understand the differences/similarities in your website visitors from Mumbai and New Delhi, the Geo feature in Audience insights will help you.
- Audience Insights - Interest: Google Analytics helps you segment your website/App visitors basis interest groups. Within the Audience section in Google analytics, you can get a better understanding of the interest groups of your audience to better understand your website visitors.
- Audience Insights - Mobile, Technology and Engagement: The Audience Insights feature of Google Analytics helps you understand the various devices from where your website and content are being accessed by your users. You'll be able to understand the number of users visiting your website from a mobile device. You'll also be able to understand the handsets they are using, the browsers they are using, and also their engagement with your content. This has important implications for your website designers and developers. For marketing professionals, you can better understand how your content is being accessed and know more about your users.
- Understanding Acquisition in Google Analytics: Google Analytics and the acquisition sections helps you get a better understanding of where and how people are coming to your website. It is one of the most important and power features of Google Analytics. As a marketing professional you might be running ads on Facebook, Google, or might be doing Email marketing to get more visitors on your website. The acquisition section helps you better understand how many visitors are coming from each source on to your website and helps you understand the nature and behavior of these visitors.
- UTM Parameters and Google URL Builder: UTM parameters are simply tags you add to a URL — when your link is clicked, the tags are sent back to Google Analytics and tracked. With UTM parameters, you can tag your links to gauge the effectiveness of your campaigns and identify the best ways to drive more visitors to your website.
- Creating UTM Codes, Exporting Data and tracking ROI: Learn through an example of how to create UTM codes, export data from Google analytics and subsequently track ROI for your Digital Marketing campaigns using the acquisition tab in Google Analytics.
- Understanding User Behavior in Google Analytics: The Behavior section reveals what your visitors do on your website. Specifically, the reports tell you what pages people visit and what actions they take while visiting.
- Google Analytics Power Program - Quiz & Certification
Digital Marketing Professional Certification
- Topic 1: Introduction to digital marketing: Digital marketing is an umbrella term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium. The way in which digital marketing has developed since the 1990’s and 2000’s has changed the way brands and businesses utilize technology and digital marketing for their marketing. Digital marketing campaigns are becoming more prevalent, as digital platforms are increasingly incorporated into marketing plans, and as people use digital devices instead of going to physical shops. This section covers basics of Digital Marketing, its importance and relevance.
- Topic 2: Important Digital Marketing Terms: This section important terms, concepts and their meanings that are critical in understanding Digital Marketing. These include terms such as C.P.M., C.P.C., C.T.R etc. and their relevance in digital marketing campaigns.
- Topic 3: Paid Media, Earned Media and Owned Media: This section covers three important concepts i.e. Paid, earned and owned media. In this section the meaning, difference and relevance of these concepts are covered. Understand of paid, earned and owned media can help you create a better digital media strategy.
- Topic 4: Why Digital Marketing?: This section covers in great detail the relevance and importance of Digital Marketing. It covers how digital marketing can help start-ups, non-profits, small business, and large brands.
- Topic 5: Planning a Digital Marketing Campaign: This section outlines creation of a digital marketing plan. It will help you build a digital marketing plan that can come in handy in your job, start-up, or small business. It also helps your understand essentials of any digital marketing plan.
- Topic 6: Introduction to Content Marketing: Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action. This section introduces the concept of content marketing.
- Topic 7: History of Content Marketing: This section explores the origins of content marketing and its role in the present context of digital marketing.
- Topic 8: Creating a content marketing plan: This section covers the basics of creating and implement a content marketing plan and measuring its impact. Content Marketing case study - A case study that details out successful implementation of content marketing is explored.
- Topic 9: Influencer Marketing: Influencer marketing, (also Influence Marketing) is a form of marketing that has emerged from a variety of practices and studies, in which focus is placed on specific key individuals (or types of individual) rather than the target market as a whole. This section introduces influencer marketing and its importance in the context of digital marketing.
- Topic 10: Planning an influencer marketing campaign: In this section we'll explore how you can plan and implement an influencer marketing campaign. It covers important aspects of the plan and metrics that should be tracked to measure the success of an influencer marketing campaign.
- Topic 11: Pay-Per-Click advertising: Pay per click (PPC), also called cost per click, is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites, in which an advertiser pays a publisher (typically a website owner or a network of websites) when the ad is clicked. Pay-per-click is commonly associated with search engines. This section covers the basics of pay-per-click advertising. It will help you understand what is pay-per-click advertising, how it works and its importance.
- Topic 12: Pros and Cons of Pay-Per-Click advertising: This section covers the pros and cons of pay-per-click advertising. It'll help you understand when and how to use pay-per-click advertising.
- Topic 13: Google Adwords & Search Engine Marketing: Google AdWords is an online advertising service that enables advertisers to compete to display brief advertising copy to web users, based in part on cookies, keywords, predefined by the advertisers that might link the copy to the content of web pages shown to users. Web pages from Google and from partner websites are designed to allow Google to select and display this advertising copy. Advertisers pay when users divert their browsing to seek more information about the copy displayed, and partner websites receive a portion of the income they generate. This section covers insights on how the Google Adwords auction system works, a tutorial on the bidding system and finally how you can get started with Google Adwords.
- Certification Quiz: Digital Marketing Foundation Course Certification Quiz: 30 minute quiz (objective type) for the certification
- Facebook Advertising: This sections covers in brief how you can reach out to people by advertising on Facebook.
- Instagram Marketing basics: Instagram is a global community of users sharing billions of photos every month. This section details out important concepts about marketing on Instagram.
- Building a brand on Instagram: This section through examples gives a broad overview of how you can use various techniques and tools to build a strong brand presence on Instagram
- Instagram Advertising: This section gives a working knowledge of running advertisements on Instagram through the advert panel. It explains how the advert panel works and how you can use it to target users with ads on Instagram.
- Increasing followers on Instagram: This section explains effective ways on increasing followers without spending money on Instagram.
- Increasing engagement on Instagram: This section covers important concepts and methods through various examples to increase engagement on Instagram.