Digital Marketing Stats (2016)
- 61% of global Internet users research products online. 44% of online shoppers begin by using a search engine.
- Over one-third of CMOs believe that digital will account for 75% of marketing spend in the next five years.
- The Internet will become the largest medium for advertising in 2016 (ahead of TV).
- 71% of internet users are more likely to purchase from a brand that they are following on a social networking site.
- On average, 60% of a marketers' time is devoted to digital marketing activities, fuelling demand for digital marketing skills.
- Spending on digital marketing is projected to increase by 12% to 15% on average.
- Social media’s share of the total marketing budget will grow from 10% in 2015 to 14% in 2016
- Spending on offline advertising will fall by 2% in 2016
- Mobile Web - According to Google, 90 percent of people leave a mobile website if it isn't performing to their standards.
- Worldwide, nearly 200 million Internet users have now installed ad blocking software.
- Estimates regarding the share of millennials who block ads range from 34% to as high as 63%.
- The average click-through rate of online display ads is 0.6%, and more than half of Internet users say they won’t click on ads because they don’t trust them.
Social Media Stats (2016)
- Of the 7.2 billion people on earth, 3 billion have Internet access.
- 2.1 billion are active on social media.
- 1.7 billion use social networks from a mobile device.
- Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content.
- The number of worldwide social media users is expected to reach 2.5 billion by 2018.